Friday, October 24, 2008

Passion Chocolat - Closed

Bad news.

Passion Chocolat, the high-end purveyor of creamy, sweet temptations, is closing its doors on Italská. After some initial confusion, two sources now tell me their last day will be Saturday, October 28th, 2008.

I've been a regular since it opened a little more than a year ago. I often stopped by on my way to work. It will be missed.

I did my best to support them, investing heavily in brownie cookies, Sacher-style cakes, and other eye-catching confections.

Unfortunately, their profits did not increase along with my waste line.

I heard the rent for their stylish space was just too much to bear. A source told me they are moving to Pasáž U Nováků, off Vodičkova near Wenceslas Square.

I hope they find success there. The proprietors, Nadine and Jean-François are even sweeter than their pastries.

I wish them luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad, saaaaaaaaad news :(

Cri dans un tunnel said...

have you been there since the closing? what's there now?

Anonymous said...

Today I was passing by the Vodickova street and found them.The place is called Dum u Novaku, Vodickova 30.They are no longer Passion chocolat but The Coffee Saint Tropez and will be opening in the beginning of February 2009.

Brewsta said...

Thanks for the update. I was looking for their new space recently, but couldn't find it.