Friday, January 25, 2008

Tiger Tiger Closing

"After your death you will be what you were before your birth."
-Arthur Schopenhauer

By random chance, I heard today that Tiger Tiger, the Vinohrady Thai restaurant, is closing down forever after tonight.Word has it that the owners of the building don't want a restaurant in the space. The apartments there have gone upscale, and they reportedly don't think a dining establishment fits in with the fancy image.

So I was told.

I also heard that all drinks will be 50% off tonight in something of an "everything must go" sale. I only have this from one source, so don't sue me if I'm wrong.Last March, I wrote a post about one of the restaurant's better curry dishes.

But Tiger Tiger's offerings never blew me away. To be fair, no Thai restaurant in Prague really knocks my socks off, either.

Still, it was good to know it was there in case a Pad Thai craving suddenly hit me on the way home.

I'm sorry to see it go.

RIP Tiger Tiger

No comments: